January 24, 2012

before & after: aqua and coral bedroom design

 This is my client Amy's master bedroom before. She wanted to keep all her furniture, but make the space more colorful and cozy. 

 She really liked the bright combination of blues and coral, so I based her design on those colors.

And here's how the room looks now:
 If you can believe it, this entire makeover cost less than $500! We stayed pretty true to the design board, but switched out the botanical prints for maps and picked some even more budget-friendly lamps.

  From the beginning, my favorite part of this design was this pillow fabric. We did just one large bolster so the bed wouldn't be too complicated to make, and I think it's perfect.

 It doesn't take much to dress up nightstands--just a little color and height.
It only takes a few special pieces to make a huge difference!

Have a design challenge you'd like help tackling? Check out my design services page or email me!

13 comments:

Janna McCalley said...

Turned out awesome! Those shades look perfect in the space too!

Janna McCalley said...

PS, I had to show off your pillow in my post today if you want to check it out.
http://swooninteriors.blogspot.com/2012/01/bolster-pillows.html

Leslie said...

The space turned out great! Kudos to you for being able to turn the space around so economically. It really is amazing what a difference a few fabrics can make, when you pair them together perfectly like you've done here!

Heather Peterson said...

It's always amazing to see what a different window treatments--even small ones--can make. Lovely!

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Simple Dwellings said...

It looks amazing- great job! I love that you chose one long bolster. I love that look! :)

Annie @ House on Rene said...

Such great updates! I love the trim on the pillows!

Shelly said...

I love when a room can transform for little money and look like a million bucks. Great job.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

One of my favorite fabrics that I have yet to do. I loved seeing it in action. Bravo!

Camila
http://blog.effortless-style.com

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Great job, girl. Love the fabric and that anthro vase! I am sure she is thrilled.

Staci@asaltbox said...

Just came across your blog and it's so fun! I love the bedroom makeover! Isn't is amazing how $500 can really stretch to makeover a space! You did a wonderful job, I love all the color!

jack said...

oak dressing table

It's always awesome to see what a different screen treatments--even little ones--can create. Lovely!
Great, I think everything is good here.

Joi said...

It looks great! I love the piping on the bolster!

Robin said...

Not quite coral enough on the wall for me.