December 6, 2010

8: DIY Tree Skirts


This tree skirt is my favorite (goes with the stockings I love). It would be pretty complicated to make yourself... layering a bunch of coffee filters might give a similar effect, but would probably be too fragile for laying on the ground. 

How about something a little simpler to DIY?


Poinsettia Tree Skirt | Garnett Hill 

It would be pretty easy to DIY this one, almost no-sew. Though cutting and positioning all the little felt leaves would take some time.

** UPDATE -- I made this tree skirt... click here to see the post! **


Burlap Tree Skirt | Ballard Design

A few yards of natural (or colored) burlap, rounded with a few inches of fraying at the end... almost no-sew, except a seam down the middle.


 Real Simple

This one is so simple, it's barely do-it-yourself... more like done-for-you. There is no sewing or even cutting involved-- just lay scarves around the base of the tree and secure with safety pins. I think I'd use scarves in the same color family. Can't get easier than that!


4 comments:

Ali Rockwell said...

You have no idea how happy that first tree skirt just made me... I love it so much! I just might have to try this for next year!!

Dodi said...

We have a white fluffy blanket that we use for a tree skirt. It goes under our large fake Colorado Blue Spruce, and we fold it back upon itself to cover the stand. Looks like fluffy snow. This one from IKEA would give a similar effect: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60131593/

Cheers!

Emily said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I will be featuring your tree skirt pictures in a round-up tomorrow, hope you'll stop by and check it out! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

mrs.mreman said...

These are great. I actually took my Wedding Dress and reception dress that had been hanging in the closet for 4 years and made it into my tree skirt! Now I have flashes of great memories every Christmas when i bring it out!!!